SALT Report 1144 – The deadline to file the first annual information report for sellers of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products with the Florida Department of Revenue has been extended to October 31, 2011.
Each report must contain the following information:
- The seller’s name.
- The seller’s beverage license or tobacco permit number.
- The retailer’s name.
- The retailer’s beverage license or tobacco permit number.
- The retailer’s address, including street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
- The general item type, such as cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, beer, wine, spirits, or any combination of those items.
- The net monthly sales total, in dollars, sold to each retailer.
This information report will be used by the Department of Revenue to identify Florida retailers who may be underreporting sales and use tax on alcoholic beverage and tobacco product sales. For example, the Department will compare net wholesale sales of alcohol and tobacco products with the amount of sales and use tax reported and paid by the retailers.
For Further Information: