SALT Report 1383 -The Minnesota Department of Revenue announced plans to enhance the features in their e-Services system. The system allows tax payers to file returns, pay taxes, and manage their accounts online. The Department of Revenue recently moved all business taxpayers to the e-Services system and the upcoming enhancements are based on their feedback. The enhancements will come in two stages.
Enhancements expected to be implemented on February 1, 2012, include:
- Easier confirmation requests and a “printer-friendly” button on the request confirmation page.
- Confirmation of canceled payments – If you decide to cancel a payment that you’ve made through e-Services, you’ll now get a confirmation page after making the request.
- The “update my balance” notification will only appear when necessary. This button reflects balances shown in e-Services and only appears when you are attempting to make a delinquent payment.
- Duplicate payment alert – A message will notify taxpayers when they’re making a duplicate payment, for a return with the same payment amount, tax period and date. The payment amount box will turn red, and you’ll see the alert when you hover over the box.
- Faster data entry for W-2 information and consolidated sales tax returns
- One-click field selection – No more double-clicking to select a field or enter information
- A calendar icon will be added for easy selection of filing and payment dates
- A hyperlink will be added to the confirmation pages to return you directly to the “requests” tab in e-Services. Instead of printing the confirmation page for all of your requests, you can click the hyperlink to view a complete list in the “requests” tab.