SALT Report 1442 – The Missouri House of Representatives approved a bill that provides an amnesty program for delinquent taxpayers. If passed, HB 1030 would eliminate any assessments, penalties, additions to tax, and interest on all unpaid personal taxes, corporate income taxes, sales and use taxes, and corporate franchise taxes accrued prior to December 31, 2011.
To be eligible for the program the taxpayer must agree to the following:
- Taxpayer will file an application with the state,
- Taxpayer will file a tax return for each tax period for which amnesty is requested,
- Taxpayer will pay all unpaid taxes in full from August 1, 2012, to October 31, 2012,
- Taxpayer agrees to comply with state tax laws for the next eight years,
- Taxpayer agrees to relinquish all administrative and judicial rights of appeal, and
- Taxpayer understands that no payments paid to the Department under the amnesty program would be eligible for refund or credit