SALT Report 1649 – The Illinois Department of Revenue released an Information Bulletin that explains their new online account management system, MyTax Illinois, which will be available to taxpayers in September 2012. As previously discussed in SALT Report 1580, MyTax Illinois will provide a centralized location in which taxpayers can register a new business, file returns, make payments, and manage their tax accounts. Over time, most taxpayers will be required to use MyTax Illinois.
The transition will take place in three phases:
Phase 1 – September 24, 2012
- New business registration for all tax types administered by IDOR
- Sales, use, and other related tax return filing, payment, and account management
- International Fuel Tax Agreement registration, filing, payment, and account management
Phase 2 – March 2013
- Excise tax return filing, payment, and account management
Phase 3 – June 2013
- Withholding income tax return filing, payment, and account management
- Business income tax return filing, payment, and account management
- Individual income tax account management
Businesses that currently use WebFile to file Form ST-1 will continue to have access to the system until September 23, 2012. After that, MyTax Illinois will be the only method available to efile your return.
Businesses that currently use WebPay to pay their sales, use, and related tax liabilities will continue to have access to the system for a short period of time after MyTax Illinois is implemented to allow time for the transition to the new system.
However, access to WebFile and WebPay will remain available for taxpayers that are not part of Phase 1.
For Further Information: