SALT Report 2876 – The California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority is offering a free webinar regarding the Clean Energy Upgrade Financing Program. The webinar will address the recently established contractor participation requirements and provide an overview of the updates and changes included in ABX1 14.
Date: August 22, 2013
Time: 10:00 am to 11:00 am PDT
Hosts: Building Performance Institute, Inc. and Deana Carrillo, CAEATFA
Who Should Attend the Webinar
- Lenders and contractors, already participating in the program, who wish to learn more about recent changes to streamline applications
- California contractors interested in offering additional financing options to their customers that will meet the Energy Upgrade California participation requirements
- Contractors interested in financing energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in regions of California where funded program rebates are not available
- Utility and government program administrators interested in learning more about this innovative loan loss reserve program, and
- Lenders interested in learning more about how to participate in this program in order to make loan proceeds more available and attractive to their customers
The goal of the Clean Energy Upgrade Financing Program is to increase access to green retrofit financing by reducing its cost and increasing the number of green jobs in the state. The Program aims to lower the overall costs of financing for residential energy efficiency and renewable retrofits.
Under this program, CAEATFA will offer financial assistance in the form of loan loss reserves to qualified financial institutions that make loans to finance the installation of energy efficiency improvements or distributed generation renewable energy sources on residential properties.
By participating in the Program, these financial institutions will receive an initial 15% reserve contribution for each qualified loan enrolled in the Program. Of these loans, CAEATFA may provide up to 100% coverage on certain loan defaults.
If you would like to attend this free webinar you must register by 9:00 a.m. on August 22.
For Further Information