SALT Report 2814 – The California State Board of Equalization is offering a free seminar for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and individuals who would like to start a business on August 7, 2013.
Free Small Business Fair and Resource Expo
Date: Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Place: Walter D. Ehlers Community Center
8150 Knott Ave. Buena Park, CA 90620
During the seminar, representatives from the BOE and other State agencies will be on hand to answer questions and to discuss the state and federal tax laws that affect anyone doing business in the State. Topics for discussion include:
- Avoiding Common Sales and Use Tax Problems
- Forms of Ownership
- Recordkeeping for Small Business and Self-Employed Individuals
- Employee or Independent Contractor
- Developing a Winning Business Plan
- Loan Programs and Services
- Doing Business With the State of California
- Marketing for Small Businesses
If you would like to attend this seminar you can register online or by calling 1-888-847-9652.
For Further Information