SALT Report 3074 – The Iowa Department of Revenue is offering a free online Webinar that will focus on the sales tax issues specific to manufacturers and the manufacturing industry. The Webinar is scheduled for Thursday, October 10 from 12:00 to 1:00 pm.
- Tangible personal property
- Exemptions for manufacturers
- Tax definitions for manufacturer, directly used, primarily used, and processing
- Taxable and exempt machinery and equipment
- Replacement parts & supplies
- Exempt gases
- Exempt chemicals, solvents, and reagents
- Exempt fuel used in processing
- Pollution control equipment
- Recycling equipment
- Consumer’s use tax
Terry O’Neill, a Taxpayer Services Specialist with the Iowa Department of Revenue, will host the event, and if time permits, Mr. O’Neil will be available to answer general questions.
If you’d like to attend the Webinar you must register by Wednesday, October 9, 2013.
For Further Information