SALT Report 3358 – The Oklahoma legislature proposed and passed HB 3216 that provides certain tax and fee relief for tornado victims of the 2012 and 2013 season.
- A credit for vehicle registration fees associated with the replacement of a destroyed registered vehicle
- Exempting persons from remitting sales tax on the value of donated items used for assistance
- Allowance of retention of sales tax remuneration on delinquent sales tax reports when the delinquency was a result of the tornado
- A credit for vehicle excise tax associated with the replacement of a destroyed vehicle on which the excise tax was previously paid
- A refundable income tax credit for any increased ad valorem tax resulting from rebuilding or repairing property damaged or destroyed
- Maintains homestead exemption eligibility
For Further Information: