SALT Report 3458 – Friday, September 5 through Sunday September 7, guns, ammunition and other hunting supplies will be exempt from sales tax for individual consumers.
Examples of qualifying hunting supplies:
• Firearms that may be legally sold or purchased in Louisiana
• Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm
• Archery supplies to be used for hunting
• Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear manufactured and marketed as being primarily for wear or use while hunting
• Off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles designed and intended primarily for hunting; the exemption does not apply to golf carts, go-carts, dirt bikes, mini-bikes, motorcycles, tractors, motor vehicles which may be legally driven on the streets and highways of Louisiana, or heavy equipment such as cranes, forklifts, backhoes and bulldozers
For Further Information: