Salt Report 3609 – As the April 15 deadline approaches, the Minnesota DOR is recommending e-filing and direct deposits in order to facilitate the process. Additionally, the DOR reminds taxpayers:
- Enter your name and any dependents names as they appear on Social Security cards. Incorrect names or Social Security numbers can result in refund delays.
- Double-check bank routing and account numbers used on tax forms. Incorrect account numbers can delay your refund.
- Complete each form and carry totals to the correct lines. If you electronically file, the calculations are done for you.
- You should file the return by the April 15, 2015 due date, even if you owe more than you can pay. Pay as much as you can by the due date, and continue to make payments until you are contacted by Department of Revenue Collections. At that point, they can help you set up a payment plan for the remaining balance.
- If you owe, make your payment electronically and pick when you want the payment submitted.