California – Marijuana Growers And Sellers Must Register With BOE

SALT Report 3727 – If a company sells or grows medical cannabis, registration with the Board of Equalization is required – it is the law. Once registered, sales and use tax returns must be filed and taxes must be paid. In general, all sales of medical marijuana are taxable unless sold for resale. Resale sales must be supported by a valid resale certificate.

Keep in mind the federal government considers growing and selling medical cannabis illegal. Cannabis is a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act.

For further Information:

Controlled Substances Act