FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 7/23/2018
Sales and Use Taxes can be complicated, which is why the South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) hosts industry-specific seminars to help business owners and tax professionals understand their tax obligations.
The SCDOR is offering a Sales and Use Tax seminar for the retail industry on August 21, 2018 in Beaufort. This seminar will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and costs $50 to attend. Course materials and lunch are included.
This seminar includes:
- State and local Sales and Use Taxes basics
- Software, maintenance, and similar service contracts
- Exemptions and exclusions including sales for resale
- Reporting coupons (manufacturer’s coupons vs. retailer’s coupons)
- Audience Q&A opportunities with SCDOR’s knowledgeable staff
Pre-registration is required and must be received at least three days before the seminar. To register, complete and mail a registration form or contact SCDOR’s Taxpayer Education Coordinator at TaxpayerEducation@dor.sc.gov or 803-898-5264.
Continuing Education Credit
This seminar qualifies for continuing education credits. Participants should seek credit through their appropriate accreditation board. Certificates of attendance will be provided to participants.