The Nebraska state sales and use tax rate is 5.5% (.055).
Effective October 1, 2020, the following changes will be made for local sales and use tax rates:
- Ewing will start a 0.5% rate,
- Rising City will start a 1% rate,
- Davey, Dorchester, Milligan, Palmer, and Roca will each start a 1.5% rate,
- Bertrand, Superior and Waverly will each increase its rate from 1.0% to 1.5%,
- Gretna will increase its rate from 1.5% to 2%, and
- Randolph will decrease its rate from 2.0% to 1.5% rate.
These cities have complied with the notification requirements under the Local Option Sales and Use Tax Regulations. The Department has sent written acknowledgments to the city clerk acknowledging compliance with these requirements and the effective date.
For more information: Nebraska Department of RevenueNebraska Department of Revenue
June 3, 2020