Individuals needing additional support during tax filing season can benefit from the following free tax filing services that are available:
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide – Offers free assistance to individuals 50 and older who cannot afford a tax preparation service to file federal and Arizona returns. For more information, go to www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide(link is external).
- Free File Alliance – Offers a free file program to Arizona taxpayers who meet specific criteria. Visit https://azdor.gov/e-services/free-electronic-filing-individuals for more information.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) – Offers free tax help to people who generally make $57,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their tax returns. For more information, please see www.irs.gov/Individuals/Free-Tax-Return-Preparation-for-You-by-Volunteers(link is external).
Note: Due to COVID-19, some tax preparation services may not offer in-person assistance but rather drop-off or virtual assistance. Contact the tax preparer for availability.
The Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) also has electronic filing services available to taxpayers:
- E-File – Visit https://azdor.gov/e-services/approved-vendors to view the list of software providers certified to submit electronically filed returns with ADOR. The department encourages filers to e-file their income taxes, which is more accurate, more secure, and delivers refunds several weeks faster.
- Online Forms – Arizona offers fillable tax forms designed for taxpayers who prefer to prepare their returns. Arizona forms and instructions are available to print at https://www.azdor.gov/Forms.
To receive income tax updates, be sure to subscribe to the “Individual Income Tax(link is external)” list.
Check out ADOR’s website at https://azdor.gov/individual-income-tax-information for additional tax filing requirements, instructions, and important tax filing tips.
For more information please visit: azdor.govarizona department of revenue
february 25, 2021